No More Suicides!
In addition to the resources mentioned in this column, below you will find other examples of helpful members of our village of suicide prevention.
- The Trevor Helpline: 1-866-488-7386. 24-hour toll-free suicide hotline for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and questioning youth.
- Nationwide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE and 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
California State and Local Resources:
- A list of California suicide hotlines
- 24 Hour Crisis Hotline, Alameda County: 1-800-309-2131
- Teens for Life suicide prevention education in schools, through Crisis Support Services
- San Francisco Suicide Prevention: 415-781-0500
Contra Costa Crisis Center: 1-800-863-7600 Youth Services
Young people can call the youth crisis line to report bullying and homophobic behavior, among other things.
Other CCCC numbers: 1-800-833-2900 and 1-925-938-0725 TTD/TTY
- Family Service Agency of Marin, Suicide Prevention & Crisis Hotline: 415-499-1100
- FSAM In-person/telephone Grief Counseling: 415-499-1195
You can also mention sad and/or suicidal feelings to Bay Area health and mental health care providers, and get appropriate referrals if you need them:
LYRIC in San Francisco sponsors Dimensions Queer Youth Health Clinic, Thursdays at the Castro-Mission Health Center
3850 17th Street, San Francisco, CA
Call 415-487-7589 to make an appointment.
- St. James Infirmary in San Francisco offers a number of services to sex workers, including peer counseling and psychotherapy. 415-554-8494.
Pacific Center in Berkeley
Youth who need LGBTQ sensitive counseling can call the Counseling Request line at (510) 548-8283 ext. 250 for an appointment.
- TransVision at the Tri-City Health Center in Fremont—clinic for trans women.
- 510-713-6690 ex 6121.